All is not lost if you have built your website without a plan to generate traffic and leads to your site. There is always time to recover because the vital question is still there: “Now that you’ve got a great looking website, how do you drive new traffic and create leads?”
There are several fundamental questions a business needs to ask itself prior to jumping into the “how do I get potential customers to find and visit my website?” question.
It’s most effective to have your internet marketing plan developed as you are designing and building your website. Ideally the seeds of your internet marketing plan are sewn as your website is in the development phase. If you do not have a plan developed yet, you still have time to sit down and get it done, but you need to move quickly because potential customers are looking for you right now and they can’t find you!
How do you Create an Internet Marketing Plan?
In developing your internet marketing plan for your business or project, ask yourself:
- What are the overall goals for your website?
- Are you trying to sell products directly to your consumer?
- Is your website more an informational site for your services which you are trying to generate leads from?
- How do you differentiate your website from the thousands – maybe millions – of other websites offering the very same service or product?
Identifying your business website goal(s) should be a top priority. Without goals in place, your site runs the risk of quickly becoming just another website in the great search engine abyss. Developing strong and unique content will go a long way in optimizing your website, as well as help differentiate your service from your competitors.
Several additional areas of concentration in your internet strategy should also include:
- Develop a brand or brand-name recognition. Brand recognition provides simpler search results if users are searching directly for you and your business.
- Develop a web presence through social media, inbound marketing, directories, and search engine optimization.
Identify the Main Purpose of yOur Website
How you plan to drive web traffic and business to your website should be considered as you are reviewing other traditional means of marketing. Stating in your overall marketing plan that you will create leads and sales through your website is not a plan. Similar in the manner traditional marketing and advertising strategies outline the approach to get the brand name or business name out to the general public, your internet marketing plan should include a strategy on how you will actually lead your potential customers to your site and how you will convert them into paying customers once they are on your website.
There are a number of ways in creating web traffic for your site. Developing your internet marketing plan requires that you utilize the tools and best practices available today.
- Content – strong, relevant, and unique content
- Organic search methods through Search Engine Optimization (also known as SEO)
- Social Media
- Inbound Marketing
- Email Marketing and Newsletters
- Blogs and overall content updates
- Pay-Per-Click ads
Contact Us for more help in developing a plan for your website.